- Market Hog Weigh-in options: Wednesday 6:00-8:00 pm OR Thursday 7:00-9:00 am
- Pictures: Thursday, 9:00-11:00 am show arena
- Market Hog Show: Friday 8:00 am – Show begins with senior showmanship followed by intermediate and junior Showmanship. Market classes will follow immediately after showmanship
- Hog Sale is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Saturday of the Fair. The Buyers Appreciation Reception will be Saturday at 3:30 pm. All hogs will be numbered at 1:00 p.m.
Another Livestock Skillathon, Make-up Skillathon, and Make-up Project Judging has finished for 2019. We want to thank the more than 75 parents, volunteers, committee members, and by-standers that jumped in to help make these events successful for our youth. It takes an army to make an event like this run smoothly and to complete it in a short amount of time. Thank you volunteers for your help and thank you parents for your patience. Skillathons and project interviews continue to provide a wonderful life experience and opportunity for youth to share their knowledge.
~Bruce & Kathryn
Anyone wanting to give Market Hog project a try sign up for peewee showmanship by 8/11/19 Must be under 9 years old and under.
Also don’t forget hog clinic Thursday night 8pm in the hog barn for some last minute tips tricks and some prizes!!!!
Questions contact Missy Antill 740-525-9932
OPEN DOG FUN SHOW AT NOBLE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS IN CALDWELL, OHIO, ON 8-10-2019 IN WHEELER HALL. REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 9 AM. CLASSES BEING JUDGED INCLUDE OBEDIENCE BEGINNERS NOVICE A & B, PRE-NOVICE, NOVICE A & B, AND SHOWMANSHIP CLASSES. $5 ENTRY FEE FOR EACH CLASS ENTERED. ANYONE WHO HAS A DOG MAY PARTICIPATE. SHOW WILL START AT 10 AM. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE NOBLE COUNTY 4-H EXTENSION OFFICE at 740-732-5681.
– Members whose last name falls between letters A to L will need to attend Pen set up on Aug. 11 at 3pm.
– Members whose last name falls between letters M to Z need to attend Pen tear down on Sept. 8 at 3pm.
Sign out sheets will be provided when set up or tear down is complete. Any junior exhibitor not signing out will forfeit 20% of their total sales. See Rule number 32 in the Junior Fair Activities Guide for details.
- Melina Matics – Cat 1 – Outstanding of the Day
- Hannah Seevers – Pet Rabbit – Outstanding of the Day
- Ava Gebczyk – Self-Determined-Companion Animals – Outstanding of the Day
- Kesselyn Bigley – On the Cutting Edge (Vet Science) – Outstanding of the Day
- Leo Milazzo – Robotics 1 – Outstanding of the Day
- Jason Schultheis – Measuring Up (Woodworking) – Outstanding of the Day
- Melina Matics – Cake Decorating-Beginner/Senior – Clock Trophy Winner!
- Sierra Sinclair – Beyond the Grill – Clock Trophy Winner!
Is your 4-H Club looking for a backdrop for your 2019 fair booths. The Washington County Extension Office has fabric that was donated by Joann’s Fabric and Crafts through the Kids in Need Program. If you need a fabric for the backdrop of your fair booth stop by the extension office and browse the options. For more details call us at 740-376-7431.
ALL livestock (market, dairy, breeding, fancy, and/or horse) project members are required to participate in skillathons for each specie project they have enrolled in. Skillathons are required for all livestock and horse project participants in order to remain 4-H members in good standing and be eligible to exhibit, participate, show and/or sell their project animals at all three fairs. FFA youth taking hogs should contact their FFA teacher for project requirements and eligibility. FFA Youth are Required to participate in skillathons for all animals sold at the Washington County and Barlow Fair. To help this process and coordinate efforts of youth and volunteers ALL Skillathons will be offered:
Saturday August 3, 2019
Washington County Fairgrounds – Multi-purpose Barn
8:30-12:00 – All species
(except horseless horse and except pet rabbit)
Make-up day: Tuesday, August 6 (6:00pm—8:00pm) – limited space, calling to reserve an appointment is required–there is a $20 reservation fee to participate in Make-Up Skillathons
****Livestock Skillathon study guides can be found on the web at: go.osu.edu/washjudging or pick up a copy from the Extension Office. The study guide provides all the information you will need for the skillathon.****