Today I’d like to talk to you about my favorite resource on campus, the DLC!!!
The Dennis Learning Center (DLC) is a resource located on the second floor of the Younkin Success Center that basically helps you get your life together. So why am I so excited about the DLC you may ask? As an engineering student, the DLC has helped me several times over the past four years with time management, studying efficiently, and taking tests more confidently. Here are some additional reasons why you should go:
- Make a study plan to tackle your next exam/paper
- Struggling to get motivated in this last month and a half? Overcome procrastination and get motivated by meeting with an academic coach. You can also take a motivation course offered by the DLC next semester!
- Learn new study strategies to help you study most effectively
- If you feel yourself getting really nervous/anxious for exams go to the DLC to find out how to beat test anxiety!!!
- Learn time management skills!
- It’s free CHA-CHING!
Interested in making an appointment?
Make an appointment online and choose to meet with an undergrad or grad student! During your session you will meet one-on-one with an academic coach for an hour.
These sessions are tailored to you and the coach will give you strategies to help with whatever you’re personally struggling with (time management, study skills, etc.). Now go make an appointment and ace your next exam!!