Tuition Option Payment Plan
Ohio State’s Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP) allows students and their families to divide the cost of tuition, housing, and fees into installment payments for autumn and spring semesters. To participate, students must sign up for TOPP each semester and pay a non-refundable $30 enrollment fee.
Students can enroll in TOPP through My Buckeye Link once fees are calculated for the term through the second Friday of classes. Note: Late fee payment penalties up to $300 will still apply to the first TOPP installment. Subsequently $25 TOPP late fees will be applied to the second and third installments if they are not paid by the TOPP due date.
- Sign into My Buckeye Link at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
- In the Finances section, select Enroll in Payment Plan from the drop-down menu.
- Select the payment plan and click Next.
- Review the installment schedule and click Next.
- Agree to the terms of the payment plan and click Enroll.
- Review your confirmation page.
How TOPP works:
- Only current term charges not covered by financial aid can be included in TOPP.
- In order to be eligible for TOPP, you must have an outstanding balance after aid disburses of at least $150.
- The first TOPP installment is due on the initial payment due date, which is usually seven days prior to the first day of class. The remaining payments are due about every 30 days (see table).
View more FAQs about fee payment and refund/forfeiture policies at Paying tuition and fees.
|TOPP payment schedule for Autumn 2017|
|1st payment due||2nd payment due||3rd payment due||4th payment due|
|August 15, 2017||September 15, 2017||October 15, 2017||November 15, 2017|
How to make payments:
The preferred method for paying tuition and fees, including TOPP payments, is online from a checking or savings account, but Ohio State accepts MasterCard, Discover, VISA and American Express. For details and payment options, go to: Payment Options.
Important financial responsibilities and penalties:
- All TOPP installments must be paid on or before the due date (see table)
- Failure to pay the first installment by the assigned due dates will result in late fees ($200, increasing to $300 for failure to pay by the 2nd Friday of classes).
- Students who fail to pay the first installment by the 2nd Friday of classes may be dropped from all enrollments for non-payment. Students must pay all charges to be re-enrolled.
- Failure to pay a subsequent installment by the listed due date will result in late fees and a hold, which will cause services to be withheld, including obtaining grades, registering or enrolling, receiving a transcript, or borrowing books or equipment.
Housing, meal plan, and financial aid changes posted to your account after a TOPP due date will apply evenly to any remaining future TOPP installments.
Late charges, late fees (including fees assessed on behalf of University Housing and Dining Services), BUCKID charges, John Glenn WISH housing, returned and rejected payments, and collection charges are not included in TOPP installments and are due as noted on the Statement of Account.
TOPP is optional and by joining you are authorizing any federal financial aid on your account to pay non-institutional charges you may have incurred that are TOPP eligible, i.e. Student Health Insurance fee, Orientation fee, etc. If you choose to revoke this authorization once you join you must contact Buckeye Link at which time you will be removed from TOPP and all charges will be due as noted on your Statement of Account.