STEP Experience: STNA Training at Premier Choice Health Services

From August 11, 2015 to August 25th I trained at Premier Choice Health Services for their Nursing Assistant (CNA/STNA) Training Program. This program offers a 75-hour prerequisite course that meets the education and testing requirements for nursing assistants as required by the Ohio Department of Health to work in long-term care facilities. Upon successful completion of the training program, I obtained my State of Ohio Nurse Aide Certificate (CNA) and I now qualify to take the State Nurse Aide (STNA) examination. 

This experience was more than just a two week experience for me. It was a stepping stone for my future endeavors that I am working towards. I plan to graduate with my Bachelors of Science in Human Development and Family Science from Ohio State and then pursue my Master’s of Nursing as a Clinical Nurse Leader. I love working with people and wasn’t sure if Nursing was for me until I started working as a STNA. Without this opportunity given to me through STEP I would have never had the chance to get that experience in the health field which ultimately led to personal validation of my life plans and I am so thankful for that!

Watch my video and see!

Raynisha French Raynisha French STEP Presentation (1)