- Gain leadership and mentoring skills
- Improve your interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Make deeper connections with SENR faculty, staff, and alumni
- Get to play a meaningful role in helping incoming SENR students make connections and succeed at OSU
- You must have successfully completed a university survey class through ENR or another academic unit
- You must be a student in good standing in SENR
- During Autumn 2018 you must be available to attend ENR 1100 each week:
- If you are a transfer student, you will be helping with the Transfer Survey, which will be held Mondays, 12:40-1:35pm
- All other Peer Mentors will help with the First Year Survey, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:10-5:05pm
- Attendance and involvement in ENR 1100 class meetings during the Autumn semester 2018.
- Attendance at a training session on Move-In weekend in August. You will be notified of the date and details of this training following your acceptance as a Peer Mentor.
- Willingness to field questions from first-year or transfer students throughout the Autumn 2018.
- Attendance at weekly meetings held throughout Autumn 2018.
Submit the application below no later than Friday, April 20th at 11:59pm.
For questions about the First-Year Survey/Peer Mentor Program, please contact Esther DeBusk.5.
For questions about the Transfer Survey/Peer Mentor Program, please contact Susie Burks.39.
Interviews will be held during the week of April 22nd-27th.