Internship Spotlight- Jane Peuser

Major: Environmental Policy and Decision Making

Specialization: Policy and Governance

Graduation: May, 2020

Internship:  Habitat Resource Intern for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office of Habitat Conservation in Silver Spring, MD

Duration: May-August 2017

Click Here For More Information

I have done internships with NOAA before and someone I worked with previously reached out and asked if I was interested in a formal internship relating to policy. I was tasked with collecting updated actions on the Habitat Enterprise Strategic Plan, this project consisted of collecting and organizing data on what NOAA’s Office of Habitat Conservation has accomplished since the inception of the Strategic Plan. I also was able to work with the National Ocean Service’s Marine Debris Program and connected that program to the Habitat Focus Area program, for a future funding competition. The purpose of these tasks was to gather valuable information about the effectiveness of the Strategic Plan and to create a bridge between two different programs within NOAA. I very much enjoyed speaking to all the different programs and people within NOAA, learning about how the federal government functions, and becoming more confident in my abilities. If anyone is interested, formal internship opportunities are available online. They also have multiple programs that provide scholarships and stipends.

One thought on “Internship Spotlight- Jane Peuser