“The trip to Long Beach, California was amazing! The plenary sessions were beyond informative and helpful. Most of the knowledge gained from these sessions could be used to pursue our future careers, and to be successful. Personally, I made a lot of professional connections and I know that without this trip, none of those connections would have been possible for me.”
“After listening to highly motivation and inspiring talks throughout the conference and then speaking to all of the representatives at various booths, I became more knowledgeable in the steps I now needed to take to become a successful graduate school candidate..”
The Undergraduate Research Office and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion have joined forces with the SACNAS Chapter at Ohio State to offer undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds the opportunity to attend the SACNAS and ABRCMS National Conferences during Fall Semester. Students must be currently conducting research in STEM fields (including social and behavioral sciences).
The SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship will offer up funds to cover lodging (shared double occupancy), airfare, and conference registration (online student member rate).
In order to apply, students must:
- Become SACNAS members ($15); more information here
- Complete a SACNAS profile here
- Submit and Abstract to SACNAS and/or ABRCMS
- Submit a Travel Scholarship to SACNAS and/or ABRCMS
- Submit a copy of your SACNAS or ABRCMS profile, Abstract and Travel Scholarship documents submitted to SACNAS to email@example.com with Subject: SACNAS & ABRCMS Bound Buckeyes – Your Name
Students whose abstracts get accepted, but who do not get a travel scholarship from SACNAS or ABRCMS, will be considered for the SACNAS & ABRCMS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship.
SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship awardees will be required to participate in the activities below, but all SACNAS attendees from Ohio State are also welcome.
- Attend a coaching session where students will get tips, rehearse their presentations (oral or poster), and obtain constructive feedback.
- Attend a Pre-Conference logistics meeting
- Attend 3 meetings of the Ohio State SACNAS Chapter
- Attend a “Share what we learned” session during Spring Semester
SACNAS Abstract Submissions: March 14 – April 14. More information here.
SACNAS Travel Scholarships: March 14 – April 14. More information here
ABRCMS Abstract Submissions: April 5 – September 8. More Information here
ABRCMS Travel Award Deadline August 25. More information here