Religion and Environment Songs: Medicine by Rising Appalachia

Picture courtesy of risingappalachia.com

Song Picks by Natalie

Medicine is a song by Rising Appalachia. The song is describing the medicine that is found all around us. I believe that they are describing nature, religion, and music and their healing possibilities.

“Remedies are bountiful and surround us                                                                                                                                                                                              from the garden to the farthest prayers made of star dust                                                                                                                                                                          find your healing in the music that calls”

I believe that these lyrics are talking about ways to heal outside of traditional medicine. They are talking about “the garden” which is nature, and then they say “to the farthest prayers made of star dust,” which I believe is them saying to find remedy in the deity you pray to. When they say “find your healing in the music that calls,” I believe they are saying to find your healing in whatever speaks to you. I interpret the word “music” as the belief, whether it be nature or religion, that heals your mind.

To hear the song click here.

To read the lyrics click here.