For more information, please visit the Homepage of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs!
With the purpose of promoting the career development and advancing the quality of the training of Ohio State’s postdoctoral scholars, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs has been established to serve as the implementation team for postdoctoral programming. The OPA’s functions include:
- Facilitating a monthly orientation for all newly hired postdoctoral scholars.
- Hosting programs on topics of mutual interest to the broader postdoc community, e.g., professional development, alternative careers with industry, preparing for an academic career search, scholarship and academic writing, etc.
- Fund Ohio State’s membership to the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA).
The OPA consists of:
- Administrative Director: Marcela Hernandez, PhD.
- Faculty Director: Noah Weisleder, PhD.
- Program Assistant: Fatima Vakil
The OPA works with other entities to ensure that we gather comprehensive input in order to best enhance the postdoctoral experience. We collaborate with the PDA as well as the Postdoctoral Advisory Council (PAC) a committee comprised of faculty and staff from various colleges and departments across the university. The PAC provides faculty and administrative perspective to help the OPA identify ways to support postdoc mentors.
Furthermore, we have representatives who serve as college liaisons. They are available for postdocs to contact with any questions or concerns.
We encourage you to reach out with any questions or concerns! Please contact the OPA directly, or contact your college liaison.