STAYING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE

Overall health and wellness is of great importance especially in the life of a professional student. As Pharmacy students, we are faced with the day to day stressors and difficulties that come with pursuing a career as a health professional. In addition to daily class attendance and participation, we have many outside of class assignment, rotations, internships. OH MY! It can get overwhelming quickly and you have to make sure to find healthy and safe outlets to relieve some of the stress. Otherwise, things could go downhill very quickly!

So what are some healthy and safe ways to relieve the stress? Why I’m so glad you asked! Well my new found favorite thing to do is going to the gym! I know I know, I’m late to the game but guys trust me going to the gym is AWESOME! The Ohio State University boasts of many amazing fitness centers. My favorite and perhaps the largest being the Recreation and physical activity center (RPAC). This gym is more than just a gym. It is a place of reflection; Where the stress and sorrows of pharmacology and therapeutics combined with Pharmaco-kinetics just fade away in a pile of sweat.

All jokes aside, living a non-sedentary life is very important. As students, most of our time is spent sitting down in lecture halls. The benefits of being physically active outweigh just the simple stress relief, it promotes strong cardiovascular health as well as overall well-being.

Granted everyday may not be a successful gym day, and on those days, I find other outlets to de-stress such as listening to some music or even catching up on some of my Netflix shows. No matter what kind of day it is, just take it in stride. One day at a time. Find what works for you and do your best and just watch the rest will take care of itself! Remember that you are a powerful and fierce being and you have to take great care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.