Professional Profile Clinic
July 26, 2018
9 AM – 1 PM
Great Hall Meeting Room 3
Ground Floor of the Ohio Union
Announcing the third annual Professional Profile Clinic, an interactive event designed to prepare you for the job-hunt outside academia.
Postdocs and graduate students will have the opportunity to share their resume, elevator pitch, and LinkedIn profile with professionals and will receive constructive feedback and mentoring on how to improve them. Professional headshots will also be provided free of charge.
We ask that you have all your materials prepared in advance in order to make the most out of the event.
*Please note that you can come any time between 9 AM and 1 PM, and that people typically stay for about an hour depending on how many stations they visit.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESUME AND ELEVATOR PITCH
- Resumes can exceed 1 page particularly if the individual has significant experience.
- For resumes think about context and how to best present your experiences. Also, consider if they are all related to the position you want to apply for.
- A link to your complete LinkedIn profile should also be provided.
- Pitches should be short (around 30 seconds). These should briefly summarize who you are, what you currently do, and what you would like to do in the future. Keep your pitch concise and interesting.
- You can find a few good resources here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.