Postdoctoral Scholars Orientation: The Essentials
All recently hired postdoctoral scholars are invited to this special orientation program. This is an opportunity to:
- Learn about how the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and the Postdoc Association can help and support postdocs at Ohio State
- Get introduced to important things you’ll need to know as you pursue your postdoctoral training
- Meet other postdocs
- Ask questions
Postdocs who attend orientation will receive a folder containing various flyers and brochures of interest (resources, contact information, etc.)
Check out our agenda here.
Can’t make it? You can access the recorded orientation here. *Please note: you may encounter issues with the video depending on the browser. The video works well in Google Chrome, but Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox may ask you to update to the latest version of Adobe flashplayer.
Here are some other helpful resources:
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
An Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a tool to help support, plan, and track your career development and learning opportunities. In this half of the orientation, you will learn how to build and use an IDP based on your greatest strengths, address areas for growth, and confidently discuss your IDP with your supervisor.
For more information about IDP’s, check out our resources here.
Upcoming Orientation Dates
- June 27th 3-5 pm, Room 352 of the Research Commons (3rd floor of the 18th Avenue Library). View the flyer and register here.
- July 25th 3-5 pm, Room 134 of the Biomedical Research Tower (BRT)
- August 22nd 3-5 pm, Room 352 of the Research Commons (3rd floor of the 18th Avenue Library)
- September Date TBA
- October 24th 3-5 pm, Room 352 of the Research Commons (3rd floor of the 18th Avenue Library)
- November 28th 3-5 pm, Room 134 of the Biomedical Research Tower (BRT)
- December Date TBA