About Me

Hi! My name is Marisa Nicol and I am a second-year Psychology and Biology student at The Ohio State University. My ultimate career goal is to attend a veterinary school and obtain my DVM. With this degree, I hope to work with zoo and/or exotic animals with my largest passion residing in large cats. This interest stems from my history of international travels, the most influential being South Africa. On this trip I visited a large cat rehabilitation center named Tenikwa and The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre. In fact, I have looked into revisiting either location for either community work or an internship in the future.

Besides my career interests, I am passionate about photography, service work, and international travels. I recently got involved at 4 Paws as a puppy sitter as well as joined clubs such as Zoology Club, and Pre-Vet Club. My current job is with a catering company named Gourmet Fresh where I have been a server for the past 2.5 years. Recently, I have looked into studying abroad and hope to broaden my horizons at OSU over the next four years.