N.E.U.R.O. (Neuroscience Education: Urban and Rural Outreach)
N.E.U.R.O is a group of Ohio State University faculty, students, and staff who share the desire to promote neuroscience literacy in the general public. Students in the Neuroscience Graduate Program (NGP) developed the NEURO program to implement outreach events within underserved public schools in central Ohio. A primary goal of the program is to demystify neuroscience at an age where students are beginning to form lifelong interests, and thereby kindle an interest in basic scientific research.
Using research design as a vehicle, NEURO members communicate fundamental principles of neuroscience using a hands-on, experimentally driven approach.
All modules include:
- a lesson on the relevant neuroanatomy
- a historical description of the basic science that predicates the activity
- a discussion of potential societal implications
The NEURO program is supported by a Society for Neuroscience activities grant, the OSU Department of Neuroscience, and NGP.
- Use neuroscience research to promote the understanding of scientific discovery and inquiry
- Advance knowledge of the brain and nervous system
- Provide professional development opportunities for central Ohio SFN chapter members
Like our Facebook page to keep up with our latest events!