About Me

My name is Brad Mularcik and I am a first year Mechanical Engineering student. I have lived in northeast Ohio for my entire life before coming to Ohio State and so far I really like it here. My hobbies include hunting, snowboarding, auto restoration, aviation, and I have a passion for calculus and physics. At my house we have chickens, pigs, make maple syrup, and are involved with a variety of other activities, so it is very different to move into a more urban atmosphere but so far I like it. I am a member of Army ROTC, the club swim team, and the Humanitarian Engineering Scholars program. I also joined one of the ROTC clubs called Converse Guard so I may be helping to raise the flag at one or more football games this year. As far as my personality goes I am very direct, friendly, and I love making new friends which is one of the best parts about being here. I am an Eagle Scout so I enjoy being a leader and having my voice valued, another reason I want to become an Army Officer. I hope to get internships over the summer and eventually get a job working for a company developing or designing new products. I am very interested in the automotive industry, but I hope as I get exposed to more companies and ideas over the next four years I will find something that I am very passionate about and will be able to enjoy for the rest of my life.

Top 5 Strengths:

1. Self Assurance-I think this is an important strength but not necessarily what I would have at first considered to be my greatest strength. I am however, glad that I have a lot of self confidence because I do not worry about a lot of stuff and that only helps me preform better.
  2. Significance-I never really thought about significance being super important to me, but I do enjoy being the center of attention and having people pay attention to me.
  3. Command-This is what I expected to be my number one strength. I love being in charge and telling other people what to do. I am an Eagle Scout and now with ROTC I am training to lead forty soldiers into combat.
  4. Competition-I am a very competitive person and love playing sports or other physically challenging activities. I believe there should always be a winner and a loser or else there is no motivation to preform well and be successful.
  5. Strategic-I do see myself as a very strategic person as I always choose efficient ways of doing things. I also am good at predicting what others will do and this allows me to proceed in a way that manipulates or persuades them into the place that puts me where I want to be.