The Ohio State University
- In progress. Jinhyung Lee, TBD.
- In progress. Young Jaegal, topic TBD.
- 2016. Calvin Tribby, “Activity spaces, trajectories, and agents: Assessing the built environment effects on walking routes.” Current position: Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health.
- 2017 Jacques May Dissertation Prize from the Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers
- 2017 Outstanding Dissertation Award from the Transportation Geography Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers
- 2015. Ying Song, “A greener time geography: Estimating the environmental impacts of space-time prisms.” Current position: Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Environment and Society, University of Minnesota.
University of Utah
- 2011. Tetsuo Kobayashi, “An interactive visualization toolkit for mobile objects.” Current position: Senior Data Scientist, MetLife
- 2010. Christopher Upchurch, “Dynamic accessibility analysis using space-time paths for public and private transportation”
- 2008. Adam Sobek, “Generating synthetic space-time paths using a cloning algorithm on activity behavior data.” Current postion: GIS Analyst, Travelers Insurance.
- i2007. Phoebe McNeally, “Holistic geographical visualization of spatial data with applications in avalanche forecasting.” Current position: Director, DIGIT Lab, and Research Associate Professor, University of Utah
- 2005. Nobbir Ahmed, “Time-space transformations of geographic space to explore, analyze and communicate transportation systems.” Current position: Product Engineer, ESRI, Inc.
- 2003. Yi-Hwa Wu, “Dynamic models of space-time accessibility.” Current position: Associate Professor, Department of Humantities and Social Science, Northwest Missouri State University.
University of Utah
- 2011. Joshua Groeneveld, “Agent-based modeling of bicycle-light rail interactions in Salt Lake City.” Current position: GIS Coordinator, Division of Emergency Management, State of Utah.
- 2009. Ying Song, “Space-time visualization of dynamic traffic data.” Current position: See above
- 2007. Tina Gillman, “Evaluating transportation alternatives using a time geographic accessibility measure.” Current position: Project Manager/Landscape Architect, Salt Lake County Parks & Recreation.
- 2004. Scott Bridwell, “Space-time masking techniques for privacy protection in location-based services”
- 2004. Adam Sobek, “Access-U: A web-based navigation tool for disabled students at the University of Utah.” Current position: See above.
- 2001. Phoebe McNeally, “Avalanche slide path stability modeling.” Current position: See above.
- 2001. Bertrand Granberg, “Automated routing and truck permitting system for Utah Department of Transportation.” Current position: Director, Utah Automated Geographic Reference Center
- 2000. Mathew Sheehan, “Networked multimedia GIS: A framework for creation of an interactive internet application”. Current position: Principal & Senior GIS Developer, WebMapSolutions.
- 1999. James Hofmann, “A GIS data browser for economic development and location decisions”.
- 1999. Jeni Siebeneck, “Spatial interaction-based trade area delimitation using GIS.” Current position: GIS Administrator, West Valley City, Utah.
- 1998. George J. LaBonty, “Improving accessibility of public health care facilities.” Current position: Senior Operations Planner, Utah Transit Authority.
- 1995. John Lowry, “GIS modeling of hazardous material vulnerability at the U.S.-Mexico border.” Current position: Faculty of Science, Technology & Environment, University of the South Pacific