The Ohio State University
- In progress. Armita Kar. Topic: TBD.
- In progress. Luyu Liu, Topic: TBD.
- In progress. Yuchen Li. Topic: TBD.
- In progress. Jinhyung Lee. Topic: “Measuring the impacts of new mobility services on equitable and reliable space-time accessibility”
- In progress. Young Jaegal. Topic: “Measuring spatial, topological and semantic similarity in network time prisms and field-time prims.
- 2016. Calvin Tribby. Topic: “Activity spaces, trajectories, and agents: Assessing the built environment effects on walking routes.” Current position: Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health.
- 2017 Jacques May Dissertation Prize from the Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers
- 2017 Outstanding Dissertation Award from the Transportation Geography Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers
- 2015. Ying Song. Topic: “A greener time geography: Estimating the environmental impacts of space-time prisms.” Current position: Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Environment and Society, University of Minnesota.
University of Utah
- 2011. Tetsuo Kobayashi. Topic: “An interactive visualization toolkit for mobile objects.” Current position: Senior Data Scientist, MetLife
- 2010. Christopher Upchurch. Topic: “Dynamic accessibility analysis using space-time paths for public and private transportation”
- 2008. Adam Sobek. Topic: “Generating synthetic space-time paths using a cloning algorithm on activity behavior data.” Current postion: GIS Analyst, Travelers Insurance.
- 2007. Phoebe McNeally. Topic: “Holistic geographical visualization of spatial data with applications in avalanche forecasting.” Current position: Director, DIGIT Lab, and Research Associate Professor, University of Utah
- 2005. Nobbir Ahmed. Topic: “Time-space transformations of geographic space to explore, analyze and communicate transportation systems.” Current position: Product Engineer, ESRI, Inc.
- 2003. Yi-Hwa Wu. Topic: “Dynamic models of space-time accessibility.” Current position: Professor, Department of Humantities and Social Science, Northwest Missouri State University.
The Ohio State University
- In progress. Blake Acton. Topic: TBD
- In progress. Nicholas Kinyanjui. Topic: TBD
- 2019. Luyu Liu. Topic: “Measuring public transit transfer risk using high-resolution schedule and real-time bus location data.” Current position: PhD student, Department of Geography, The Ohio State University.
- 2019. Jared Schenkel. Topic: “Assessing the impact of public transit system redesign on social equity using space-time accessibility measures.”
University of Utah
- 2011. Joshua Groeneveld. Topic: “Agent-based modeling of bicycle-light rail interactions in Salt Lake City.” Current position: GIS Coordinator, Division of Emergency Management, State of Utah.
- 2009. Ying Song. Topic: “Space-time visualization of dynamic traffic data.” Current position: See above
- 2007. Tina Gillman. Topic: “Evaluating transportation alternatives using a time geographic accessibility measure.” Current position: Project Manager/Landscape Architect, Salt Lake County Parks & Recreation.
- 2004. Scott Bridwell. Topic: “Space-time masking techniques for privacy protection in location-based services”
- 2004. Adam Sobek. Topic: “Access-U: A web-based navigation tool for disabled students at the University of Utah.” Current position: See above.
- 2001. Phoebe McNeally. Topic: “Avalanche slide path stability modeling.” Current position: See above.
- 2001. Bertrand Granberg. Topic: “Automated routing and truck permitting system for Utah Department of Transportation.” Current position: Transportation Analyst, Wasatch Front Regional Council.
- 2000. Mathew Sheehan. Topic: “Networked multimedia GIS: A framework for creation of an interactive internet application”. Current position: Principal & Senior GIS Developer, WebMapSolutions.
- 1999. James Hofmann. Topic: “A GIS data browser for economic development and location decisions”.
- 1999. Jeni Siebeneck. Topic: “Spatial interaction-based trade area delimitation using GIS.” Current position: GIS Administrator, West Valley City, Utah.
- 1998. George J. LaBonty. Topic: “Improving accessibility of public health care facilities.” Current position: Senior Operations Planner, Utah Transit Authority.
- 1995. John Lowry. Topic: “Modeling of hazardous material vulnerability at the U.S.-Mexico border.” Current position: Faculty of Science, Technology & Environment, University of the South Pacific