The Center for Urban and Regional Analysis (CURA) is looking for an organized, self-motivated person with excellent communication skills and a solid knowledge of GIS technologies to be our next Outreach Coordinator. This person will help chart the course of CURA by forging relationships with representatives from local and state government and community organizations as well as university faculty, staff, and students, and working with these individuals to develop mutual research goals and projects. The Outreach Coordinator promotes GIS and data science on campus and advances the urban mission of The Ohio State University, in part, through the following activities:
- Organizing and participating in regular meetings with government, community, and university stakeholders
- Conducting GIS training workshops
- Promoting GIS resources available to campus users
- Managing CURA’s presence on social media and the web
- Planning and hosting CURA’s bi-annual guest speaker series
- Providing administrative support for CURA project teams
If this sounds interesting to you, click on the link below to get more information and start the application process. We look forward to hearing from you! Or perhaps you know of a friend who would be perfect for the job.