Syncope On-line Enduring Material Teaches Primary Care Physicians. If you are a physician, you don’t have to be an emergency medicine doctor or a cardiologist to encounter syncope. On our webcast to tell us about the common causes of syncope and how to approach it diagnostically is hospitalist and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Vijay Duggirala.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: CREATE a high yield framework for clinicians to diagnose syncope; and IDENTIFY reasons for hospitalization and invasive testing in patients with syncope.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Common causes of syncope
- Evaluation of the patient with syncope
- Physical exam of the patient with syncope
- What to look for on the EKG
- Who needs an EEG
- Admission versus observation status
- What to tell patients to do when they have vasovagal prodromes
- What to do if you witness syncope outside of the hospital
- Medications causing syncope
- Driving restrictions after syncope
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.