Latest Webcast Educates Physicians on Mitral Regurgitation Transcatheter Repair. On this CME webcast, we have a great program for you. First, to tell us about the new procedure of repairing mitral regurgitation using cardiac catheterization techniques is interventional cardiologist and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the Ohio State University, Dr. Dean Boudoulas. And then to give us insight on differences in outcomes between transcatheter repair versus surgical replacement, Professor and Director of the Division of Cardiac Surgery at Ohio State, Dr. Juan Crestanello.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: LEARN etiologies of mitral regurgitation; LEARN management of mitral regurgitation using transcatheter mitral valve repair/ mitraclip device; DESCRIBE the benefits of mitral valve repair over replacement; and DESCRIBE the natural history of mitral regurgitation.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Catheter-based techniques to repair mitral regurgitation
- Patient selection for transcatheter mitral valve repair
- The future of transcatheter mitral valve repair
- Minimally invasive techniques for mitral stenosis
- Timing of either repair or replacement in mitral regurgitation
- Medical management of mitral regurgitation
- The effect of atrial fibrillation in clinical decision making
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.