On-line Enduring Material Discusses Update On Cancer Survivorship Principles In Primary Care. On this CME webcast, we’re going to learn about the special needs of cancer survivors. We’re delighted to welcome medical oncologist and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine from the Ohio State University and James Cancer Hospital, Dr. Maryam Lustberg. And also general internist, pediatrician, and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine from OSU, Dr. Heather Saha.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DISCUSS the needs of cancer survivors throughout the cancer continuum; DISCUSS way to improve PCP and oncologist collaboration and communication.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- The role of the primary care physician in cancer survivorship
- Managing fatigue in the cancer survivor
- Special considerations for survivors of pediatric cancers
- Healthy diets for cancer survivors
- Chemotherapy and peripheral neuropathy
- Radiation effects on long-term health
- Economic and financial implications of being a cancer survivor
- Cancer survivors and sexual health
- Cancers that can have late relapse
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.