The Trans Asia Photography Review seeks articles and projects relating to the theme of Circulation for possible publication in our spring 2019 issue. We are interested in the ways that photographs have circulated to, from and within all regions of Asia. What have been the consequences of this circulation? How have historic platforms for the circulation of photographs (books, periodicals, exhibitions and catalogs, websites, collections, informal networks…) changed over time? How do the meanings of photographs shift when they circulate?
- Proposals are due October 9, 2018; proposals are then reviewed.
- Full articles from accepted proposals due Dec 15, 2018; articles are then sent out for peer review.
- Final revised text of accepted articles, all images and permissions due Feb 15, 2019.
Please use the following formats to submit proposals:
1. Article (length open). Author’s proposal should contain an abstract (1 page or less) and your CV.
2. Curatorial project (10-15 images with introductory text). Curator’s proposal should contain up to 5 representative thumbnail images in a pdf file, not to exceed 50 MB in total. Please send images to firstname.lastname@example.org via www.wetransfer.com or a similar service. Images should be accompanied by a brief introduction and curator’s CV; these may be included in the pdf or sent separately via email.
3. Translation (from an Asian language into English) of historical or contemporary articles about photography. Translator’s proposal should contain information about the work to be translated and your CV.
4. Book/exhibition review. Reviewer’s proposal should contain the title of the book or exhibition and your CV. (Note: An exhibition being reviewed must have a catalogue.)
Authors are responsible for obtaining picture permissions. Permission forms are available on the TAP Review website.
Proposal deadline is October 9, 2018.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Editor, Trans Asia Photography Review