The Jr. Fair Board is a group of teens selected to assist in being responsible for Jr. Fair activities. As a result of participation, Jr. Fair Board will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Marion County Junior Fair program will be strengthened and expanded.
- To apply you must be 14 years old by January 1, 2019 and in GOOD standing as a 4-H, FFA, Scouts, Farm Bureau, FCCLA or any other youth organization member.
- Applications will be screened and selected individuals will be contacted for interviews if needed.
- Return the following by August 31, 2018
- Jr. Fair Board Application (completed and signed).
- Two (2) Letters of recommendations – one letter from a Junior Fair related organization and one from an educational/community-related individual who can speak to your dedication and work ethic. Forms cannot be filled out by family members.
JUNIOR FAIR BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Junior Fair Specie Barn Advisors.
- Assist in planning and conducting Junior Fair activities, shows and events.
- Attend all year-round (monthly) and special meetings and special events of the Junior Fair Board and department committees. If unable to attend, personally notify the Extension Office. The Constitution is strict regarding attendance!
- Maintain active and model membership in the organization you are representing on the Board for your full term.
- Click here for a complete list.
Any member with two unexcused absences from regular Board meetings shall be retired from the Board. That member`s position shall be treated as a vacancy. A member missing four meetings, regardless of excuse, will be retired. Any member unable to attend a meeting shall contact the Extension Office before the meeting and state the reason for the absence. A vacancy occurring on the Board in any department shall be filled by the Board at the next regular Board meeting.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
- Apply by completing a Junior Fair Board Application (completed and signed) and returned o the Marion County Extension Office or emailed to email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. on August 31, 2018.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – one letter from a Junior Fair related organization and one from an educational/community-related individual who can speak to your dedication and work ethic. Forms cannot be filled out by family members.
For more information or questions, please contact Margo Long, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-223-4040.