In hopes of improving the efficiency of show program preparation for various species and also to help the traffic flow in the afternoon during fair check-in, the following changes have been made:
- The vet will look at every animal. Blankets must be removed from sheep and goats prior to vet inspection and scrapie papers must be completed. Scrapie forms are here.
- If your trailer will have multiple species (hogs, sheep and goats), hog projects must be unloaded first and sheep and/or goat projects may be haltered and walked to the designated barns.
- Each trailer will have no more than 10 minutes to unload animals.
- We strongly encourage that tack be brought in prior to check-ins on Saturday, July 1 or Sunday, July 2 after 8 p.m.
- Due to the traffic pattern for check-in, tack and tent areas will not be permitted to set-up until 8 p.m. Sunday, July 2.
Project Check-in Times:
- Sheep check-in will take place 8 – 11 a.m. on Sunday, July 2.
- Goat check-in will take place 8 – 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 2.
- Swine check-in will take place 7:30 a.m. – Noon on Sunday, July 2.
Project weigh-in and exhibitor meetings are the same as past years. Check your 2017 Marion County 4-H Master Calendar!
If you have any questions, please contact Mark McCabe 740-360-1103 or your project advisors.