We are interested in spintronics, valleytronics, magnetism, and topological states in 2D materials and thin film heterostructures. Our experimental activities span materials growth, device fabrication, ultrafast optical microscopy, and spin-polarized STM.
We are hiring!
- Prospective graduate students and post-docs please email Dr. Kawakami (email@example.com)
- Ohio State undergraduate students please contact Dr. Kawakami, and fill in the application form.
- High school students 2018 summer intern coming up soon!
- 11/20/17: Congratulations on Dr. Simranjeet Singh and Dr. Jyoti Katoch’s work on “Strontium Oxide Tunnel Barriers for High Quality Spin Transport and Large Spin Accumulation in Graphene” published in Nano Letters!
- 11/06/17: Congratulations on Beth McCormick’s work on “Imaging Spin Dynamics in Monolayer WS2 by Time-Resolved Kerr Rotation Microscopy” accepted in 2D materials!
- 07/01/17: Congratulations for Dr. Walid Amamou and Dr. Adam S. Ahmed for passing their Ph.D. defense exams. Good luck on your future endeavors!
- 06/08/17: Congratulations on the successful commencement of 2017 Workshop on Spins, Valleys, and Topological States in 2D and Layered Materials at Ohio State Center for Emergent Materials!
- 05/30/17: Great job Kelly! Opening up the field of 2D optospintronics with “Optovalleytronic Spin Injection in Hybrid Monolayer MoS2/Few-Layer Graphene Hybrid Spin Valves” published in Nano Letters!