G.O.A.L.S- Freshman Year

• Global Awareness: For myself global awareness means to learn about and learn from people who are different then me and to explore the world around me. While at Ohio State I hope to accomplish this by taking advantage of all the opportunities the school has to offer. In the next four years I would like to participate in an education abroad trip and get to live and learn in another country. This opportunity would really expanded my global awareness but giving me the chance to learn about another society’s culture and the people living there, while continuing my studying. Within my freshman year, I hope to explore the city of Columbus and the area around it. Since I have lived in the same area my entire life, I’m really intrigued by the city of Columbus and hope to discover both the similarities and differences between here and where I grew up.
  • Original Inquiry: Research is very important to me and because Ohio State has so many research opportunities I hope to be able to participate in it in in my later years at OSU. I am really interested in either conducting my own research on a topic within political science or working with a professor on his or her research.
  • Academic Enrichment: Academic enrichment is the core of any successful student’s collegiate education and this will be the same with my time spent at college. I have very ambitious, but reachable academic goals for my time at college. During my time at college I hope to double major in political science and Environmental policy, maintain a 3.6 gpa or higher, and take classes that will be challenging but enjoyable and prepare me for my future.
  • Leadership Development: While at Ohio State I hope to get involved with several student organizations on Campus to make my time at college more enjoyable and to develop leadership skills for the future. As of my freshman year I hope to get involved and participate in the Politics, Society, and Law Scholars program, College Democrats, and the Alexander Hamilton Society. In the future I would love to continue participating and earn leadership positions in these organizations or others.
  • Service Engagement: There are many ways to give back to the community while at Ohio State that I’m excited to take advantage of. For my freshman year I hope to get participate in Buckeyethon and help raise money for child cancer.