Are you working towards a career in healthcare or human services and need a credible and meaningful job experience? Are you interested in gaining hours of patient care experience while developing a network of colleagues and professional references? Begin your healthcare career by joining a compassionate team dedicated to providing quality support, enthusiasm and encouragement to the developmental disability community in Central Ohio.
Ohio At Home is seeking applicants for the position of Patient Care Associate, a service role involving tasks of daily living, behavioral and emotional support, community involvement and direct patient care. Key traits for a successful Patient Care Associate are patience, kindness, teamwork, a passion for service, and an eagerness to learn.
Although the bulk of Ohio At Home’s PCA staff is comprised of pre-health students, all majors and areas of interest are invited to apply. Scheduling is based on the university semester system and can accommodate academic and extracurricular commitments. Past patient care experience is not required to apply, but those with experience are also encouraged.
- You will work to carry out the established care/service plan on a consistent basis with
the objective of encouraging the client to realize his or her full potential.
- You will maintain client safety while accomplishing daily living tasks and assisting the
client in his or her personal and professional engagements.
- You must communicate all relevant client information to supervisors and the entire care
team to foster an environment of compassion, safety and teamwork.
- High School Diploma
- Driver’s license
- Proof of car insurance
- CPR/First Aid certification (within 30 days of accepting employment)
- 8-hour continued education training per state mandate (to be provided by the agency)
To apply: complete the application at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2595202&B_ID=91
Megan Delagrange, Client Relations Coordinator
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Office: (614) 800-0672 | Cell: (973) 202-5666