Artifact 2

On October 28, 2017, I had the privilege of watching one of the greatest football games ever. The Ohio State University Buckeyes came back from an eighteen-point deficit and won the game against the Penn State Nittany Lions. Over the summer, I was worried how I was going to fit in and if I would find a good group of friends who would strive to help me be a better person. After the first few weeks at The Ohio State University, I realized that I had found a great community in the Mount Leadership Scholars Program. I found a group of like-minded individuals who could help me to better myself. I am overjoyed to be a part of my scholars program. That night, October 28, 2017, as I hugged all of my friends when the Buckeyes scored the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter, I realized that I had made the best decision of my life to attend The Ohio State University and become a part of the Mount Leadership Scholars Program.

On October 28, 2017, my cousin began his official visit at the The Ohio State University by spending the day with me. I showed him around campus and told him all the reasons why I loved Ohio State. I also brought him to the football game that night where he sat with me in my section with all my friends. As we watched the game, he cheered, booed, and talked with me and my friends as if he was a student at Ohio State. When we scored, he was giving people he had just met a few hours ago hugs as if he has known them for years. My cousin saw first-hand, what it was like to be in a strong, supportive community that will accept everyone as they are. The fact that my friends in Mount, were so welcoming to him speaks volumes of the character of the kind of people at Ohio State. I am proud to be a part of the Ohio State community.