This is the second post in our series detailing the upcoming innovateExtension event May 12th. You can view other posts in the series here.
What Will We Be Doing on May 12th?
Being innovative. Spending an entire day thinking of creative solutions to our often complex challenges in Extension. Perhaps even putting together the most non-traditional funding or idea proposal you have ever created.
Here is an overview of the event timeline:
- Reflection on things we learned at innovateOSU
- Team work session to utilize what you learned = brainstorm ways to update programs, ways of teaching/working, or just think of creative solutions to Extension challenges. The sky is the limit!
- Team “pitch” development. Using what resources are available to you during the event, your team will create a very brief presentation – or “pitch” – of your best idea, solution, or even prototype.
- Voting! All teams and others in attendance (including OSU Extension Director Dr. Roger Rennekamp and other administrators) will vote for the winning team(s) based on the pitch session.
- The winning team(s) will go home with awesome prizes – including potential funding to turn their amazing idea into a reality! And all participants will take home some cool swag items.
- To provide a day-long work session for innovative program planning.
- To provide a fun environment conducive to creative thinking.
- To inspire teams and individuals to update programs, change the way they work, or develop solutions to organizational challenges.
- To provide Extension staff an opportunity to present new ideas and solutions to colleagues and administration.
Attend innovateOSU on May 11th to be inspired and learn how others in academia are creatively solving age-old dilemmas and finding new tools to strengthen their work.
Attend our post-innovate event just for OSU Extension on May 12th to put these ideas and inspiration into practice.
Next Up: What Resources Will Be Available?