Natorp’s is donating flowers for the Club Flower Pots again this year. Flowers will be available for pick up during general project judging Tuesday, July 10, from 3-7pm and Thursday, July 12, from 3-7pm. There is a limited supply, flowers will be distributed on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
Thank you Natorps!
CLUB FLOWER DISPLAY CONTEST
Flower Display Drop-Off: Thursday, July 19, from 3:00-7:00pm
Award Presentation: Monday, July 23, at 4:30pm in the 4-H Hall
- Clubs are responsible for watering and taking care of their flower displays throughout the week.
- Containers may be made of any material.
- Live plants or flowers must be planted inside the container. It is recommended that packing peanuts or an empty milk jug be placed in the bottom of the container then filled with soil to reduce weight.
- Containers must be easily moved. Containers will be displayed at the entryway of buildings and barns around the fairgrounds.
- Flower containers should be the work of club members.
- The club name must be visibly displayed on the flower container.
- The fair theme “The Bounty of the County” should be incorporated into the overall design.
- Flower containers must be turned in to the Extension Office between 3-7 pm Thursday, July 19.
- Flower containers will be judged on originality/creativity, overall design and incorporation of the fair theme. Awards will be given for 1-5 place as well as individual honors for the Most Creative, Most Colorful and Best 4-H Design. Flower displays turned in late will not be judged.