Watch this space for updates and improvements! The following is a list of useful resources for online course design, building, and delivery.
- Videoconferencing a guest speaker
- Gallery Walks: NSF
- Gamification: Online Colleges
- Role play: NSF
- Think, pair, share: NSF
Flipping the Classroom
- Many, Many Examples of Essential Questions
- Resources and Pages about Essential Questions
- Tapscot, Don. Grown Up Digital.
- Stavredes, Tina & Herder, Tiffany. A Guide to Online Course Design: Strategies for Student Success.
- Wiggins, Grant and McTighe, Jay. Understanding by Design.
- Miller, Michelle. Minds Online: Teaching Effectively with Technology
- Lohr, Linda. Creating Graphics for Learning and Performance.
- Fink, L.D. A Self-Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning
- Carolyn Fallahi. Using Fink’s Taxonomy in Course Design.
- Wilmarth, Stephen. “Five Socio-Technology Trends That Change Everything in Learning and Teaching”. Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World. Edited by Heidi Hayes Jacobs.
- AW (Tony) Bates, Teaching in a Digital Age (5 April 2015). Online IBOOK ISBN 978-0-9952681-1-7
Universal Design for Learning
- Burghstahler, Sheryl & Cory, Rebecca. Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice.
- Cal State Long Beach
- OSU (Accessible Classroom Technologies)
- OSU (ODEE’s UDL Blog)
- OSU (Web Accessibility Center)
- Action Verbs Categorized According to Bloom’s Taxonomy (Fresno St)
- 25 Illustrations of Bloom’s Taxonomy Verbs
- Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy: Educators Technology
- Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy: Kathy Schrock
- Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy: Wikispace
Data Visualization Tools
Human Interaction Tools
Open Educational Resources
Non-Powerpoint Presentation Tools
Quiz and Survey Tools
Screen-recording, aka, Lecture-capture
Student-response Systems (TopHat, clickers, etc)
Task and Event Tracking
Journaling and Note-taking
- eLearning Industry
- Ohio State Writing Across the Curriculum Resources: How to Develop a Rubric
- OSU Writing Across the Curriculum Rubric for Writing