I’m going to miss them

Left to Right: Clay (staff), Ian, Michael, Caleb, Me, Kyle (staff)

Well, this is it. Staff leaves at the end of this week and then the students are taking over from there. Yesterday we had our last action group and spent the night getting food from a new place in Chicago called Small Cheval before going to Jeni’s for ice cream. Then we did our shortened Bible Study out in a local park in the area. It was a really great time. I am both excited and anxious for the staff to be leaving as we have to take everything over and continue to do all the events we have currently been doing including meetings on Monday and Thursday nights, campus time on Sundays, Tuesday fun events at night, Action Groups, regular work (Chick-fil-a for me), and campus outreach. I expect next week to be really difficult at first as we all begin to figure out what needs to be done and experiment with some trial and error. I am so excited to be spending the next 5 weeks with just students here while we learn how even as students, we can keep a whole summer mission trip functioning just normally. It is going to be crazy.

Pictures from the 4th:
Epic Instragram

Hammocking to Fireworks