En-route to Chicago!

After a couple crazy days of the basement floor covered with stuff, I am finally packed up and on the road to Chicago!!! Literally, my dad and I are halfway between Indianapolis and Chicago as I am writing this! I am so excited and can’t believe how fast this past couple months have gone. The mission trip officially starts tomorrow but dad and I are going up a day early to see the city and get me to the lofts as early tomorrow as possible. Tonight we will be staying in a nearby hotel and walking around the city. I cant wait to start venturing out and “taking the scenic route” as I wander over the city trying to find my way from one place to the next. The past month has been busy with support raising and I am very close to full support! I have been talking with my roommates for the summer and I am really looking forward to meeting them tomorrow! I know its going to be a very busy weekend as the 100+ students and staff meet for the first time and come together to build a community that will live beyond just the summer! I know there are a bunch of orientation activities planned for the weekend too. I’ve been looking forward to this since I found out I got accepted to go in early February and now that it is right in front of me, I couldn’t be happier! Mission prep for the night, don’t “take the scenic route”, get a good night sleep, and pray that everyone arrives safely and that we have a great time getting to know each other. Thank you for keeping up with me and for your prayers this summer. Here we go!

One thought on “En-route to Chicago!

1. Well Josh and I arrived safely and after a great dinner at Giordano’s we spent the next 3 hours walking all over Chicago. The sights are incredible. And Mom you need not worry about Josh’s safety as he’s in a great area. Wish I had more time to spend with Josh! I know 9 am will come way too quickly but I also feel confident that when I head back to Cincy that you are ready to get the “show on the road”. Josh have a fun and rewarding summer. Live each day to its fullest. And most of all remember that you have a lot of friends and family that love you dearly and are very very glad to be a part of this journey you are about to embark upon. Love Dad