Updates from the Dean

As I reflect on the things I am thankful for, one of those is our CFAES community. I have experienced the commitment and dedication of our faculty, staff and students. I want to reaffirm my commitment to our CFAES community, our mission areas, and all of the facets of our college. I will continue to support our faculty, staff and students as we celebrate our strengths and focus on our opportunities.

Although I was not a Buckeye on Nov. 28, since my time here, I have witnessed firsthand the pride and spirit of this community. Over the past year, the Ohio State community has joined together to grow, heal, advance and show the world our extraordinary Buckeye spirit. Together, we are Buckeye Strong. Please check out OnCampus Today for a special event that will recognize our strength and perseverance: Buckeye Strong: A Moment of Reflection.

Finally, there is concern about the implications that H.R. 1, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, could have for members of our university community as well as some of our stakeholders. I have been working with President Drake and the President’s Cabinet as we navigate this complex legislation and look for the best way possible to support the university community and our CFAES community. President Drake sent a letter to members of the Ohio Congressional Delegation about the legislation and its impact on our students. We are committed to keeping decision makers informed about the impact of this legislation.

Sincerely,

Cathann A. Kress
Vice President, Agricultural Administration and Dean