Are you looking for a summer job? How about one in the fields of organic and inorganic synthesis!
Universal Technology Corporation is looking to hire a current student do be a research chemist over the summer at their Composites Branch within the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air base in Ohio.
Interested students should have working knowledge and hands-on experience in…
- traditional and state-of-the-art techniques for the synthesis
- reaction optimization
- characterization of organic and inorganic small molecules
- S. citizenship
- Current student (B.S., M.S. or Ph.D.) in chemistry
- Research in chemical synthesis, reaction optimization, and characterization
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Research publications in peer-reviewed journals and professional society conference presentations are a plus.
- Team-oriented approach, but capable of independent work
- Willingness to expand scientific knowledge base through interdisciplinary research
For more Job Responsibilities see the attached document, and to apply and get even more information, go to their website.
Application Deadline: February 15th, 2017
Get the chance to become a member of a research group and carry out projects alongside faculty members and post doc or graduate student during this 10-week Research Experience for Undergraduates summer program. Hosted by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, opportunities are available in Chemical Biology and fields of chemistry including analytical, inorganic, materials, organic, physical, and theoretical.
The program provides a $5,000 stipend, university housing, and round trip travel costs up to eight hundred dollars.
Those looking for more information on the program can check out their Summer Research flyer and their website.
The application is available for all applicants who are planning to obtain a Bachelor of Science or Arts in chemistry or related fields between January 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.Want to jump start your search for the right program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.
The application deadline for this opportunity is March 1.
The Chemistry Department at the University of North Texas is now accepting applications for the Summer 2016 NSF-REU Program. The program focuses on research in analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry. Many of the projects will involve collaboration between experimental and computational chemists. The program is ten weeks long beginning on June 6. Participants are given a $5,000 stipend, plus housing. Funds are also available to defray travel costs.
If you are interested, here are the next steps to take:
- Complete application
- Complete personal statement
- Obtain your transcript
- Obtain two letters of recommendation
- Send everything in by TUESDAY, MARCH 1 (early application is encouraged)
More information as well as the forms listed above are available here.
Want to jump start your search for the right program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.
This Spring, Inorganic Chemistry Lab (Chem 4550) will be a course offering.
Inorganic topics include chelates, electron-transfer, the kinetic trans-effect, isomerism, solid state chemistry, metal-metal bonding, magnetism, absorption, and emission.
- Lecture: Mondays 3:00-3:55 p.m.
- Lab: Tuesdays OR Thursdays 11:10 a.m.- 2:05 p.m.
- Learn new synthesis and characterization techniques
- Use advanced instrumentation in modern lab space
- FTIR, Luminescence, UV-Vis, X-ray diffration
This lab also fulfills the advanced lab requirement for a BS in Chemistry and help fulfills requirements for an ACS certified degree.
Have any questions?
Contact Dr. Ricciardo, 120B Celeste Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org