Hey Buckeye students! Our stock of flu vaccine has arrived and we are all ready to get this vaccine to you conveniently and efficiently.
Remember, Flu shots are very important to prepare you for a Buckeye Winter! WHY?
- Flu season in Ohio usually is from December to April
- Getting vaccinated any time this fall will help protect you throughout the flu season
- CDC now recommends EVERYONE over the age of 6 months get a flu shot yearly
- Have asthma, other lung diseases, or any other chronic illness? Then you have DOUBLE the reason to get this done!
Flu vaccines are designed to match as closely as possible to the strains of flu expected each winter, so the vaccine usually arrives in the community in the late summer/early flu.
Walk-in (no appointment needed) programs will be held from 2-5:30 PM on our Ground Floor on:
- October 1, 11, 18, 25, 30
- November 7, 15
SHS Pharmacy also gives walk-in flu shots from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Friday. No appointment needed!
Scheduled appointments for flu shots are also available by calling 614-292-4321 or online through My BuckMD (requires enrollment at the Health Center).
Our EVENTS Calendar also gives you access to forms that you can review and complete prior to your Health Center visit.
Our Flu Shot program price has been steady at $25 for over 5 years in a row, and have been covered in full by the Comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan. This year, other insurance plans may cover this vaccine in full as well.
- CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR COVERAGE
Roger Miller, MD (OSU Student Health Services)