Welcome to BuckMD!

The Student Health Center

Hello new and returning Buckeyes!  Welcome back to campus for what we hope will be an exciting and rewarding year for you!

BuckMD is going into its 3rd year now and we’ve been busy over the summer getting ready to help you prepare for the challenges of the year ahead!  Wanna know how safe that tattoo you’re thinking about getting is?  Or if antibiotics really interfere with your birth control?  Or even how to prepare for a zombie apocalypse?  Well, look no further, my friends.  

We know everyone goes online for health information nowadays and while there’s plenty of good information out there, it often lacks the proper context.  That’s where we come in.  We’ll put that information in context for you and – most importantly – introduce you to a group of living, breathing health care providers right here on campus that you can actually see if necessary.

We want this blog to be an entertaining, informative and engaging way to talk about health topics that are important to you.  Ask us anything!  If you’re worried about something, odds are other students are too and with so many different types of people on campus, we’re all bound to learn something new.  

So let’s get this party started!  Check out the posts we’ve already done and let us know what you think.  Post a comment.  Subscribe to our RSS feed.  Follow us on Facebook.  Tweet to us on Twitter.  And most of all, send a question to buckmd@studentlife.osu.edu so we can start talking about what matters to you!

Go Bucks!

John A. Vaughn, MD
Student Health Services
The Ohio State University

40 thoughts on “Welcome to BuckMD!

1. Popularity is also growing with brain supplements, I started taking a natural brain supplement 2 months ago that I find keeps me focused on getting my daily tasks done and it seems like my memory is much sharper as well, so I’m pretty happy with it. I found out about it from this Alpha Brain Review site.

Do you know or have you heard about any issues with this?

2. Hello BUCKMD,

I think it’s great that you have made health a large priority for the students. We at The Wellness Soldier have made health a large priority for Canadian veterans and continue to do so. We thought we would share a Meal Plan with your students as well as finding time to take care of meal planning is difficult. It gets even tougher when at university I would imagine.

3. Thank you for the information you submit may be useful and wish you to be successful…

4. The article was very nice and interesting, I really liked the design and the content presented in this post
    Hopefully useful, growing and continued success.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us, See you in another recent article

5. The visit was very useful and could be a good reference,
    article that you created and you are doing a very nice and interesting, may be useful and handy.
    So, Thank you for sharing a good article, hopefully you more successful

6. I really like the articles you post and you shared with us. Hopefully this is a good thing, useful and beneficial.
    Thank you so much for sharing articles were nice, interesting and qualified.

7. Visits were very helpful, and the articles you post you share a very nice, attractive and quality.
    Hopefully useful, growing and increasingly successful for all. Keep posting and healthy greetings