Shower caddie? Check. Combination iPod, laptop, cell phone charger? Check. Officially Licensed Ohio State Snuggie? Check.
Ok, you and the rents are just starting that list of things you simply must have in your door room. But have you thought about what stuff you should have to keep you healthy on campus this year? Here are the 15 health care items that no dorm room should be without:
2. Pain and fever medication: Acetaminophen (Tylenol), Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or Naproxen (Aleve)
3. Ice pack and/or heating pad
5. Antibiotic ointment
6. ACE wrap
7. Antihistamine medication for allergies or itchy rashes: Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), Loratadine (Claritin), Cetirizine (Zyrtec)
8. Cough and cold medication
9. Anti-diarrhea medication: Loperamide (Imodium AD)
10. Antacid medication: TUMS, Pepto-Bismol, Ranitidine (Zantac), Famotidine (Pepcid), Cimetidine (Tagamet), Omeprazole (Prilosec)
11. Sore throat lozenges
12. Hydrocortisone cream for itchy rashes
13. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer to prevent spread of germs
14. Lotion for dry skin
15. And last but not least, our phone number: 614-292-4321
You can pick up all of these things at our pharmacy. They’re cheap, they don’t take up a lot of space, and they’re much more useful than that Justin Bieber pillow you plan to sneak in on Move-In Day.
Welcome to Ohio State! We look forward to seeing you on campus this fall!
Sheila K. Westendorf, MD
Student Health Services
The Ohio State University