Questions About Insurance and the Wilce Student Health Center

photo: whig.com

I don’t have the Ohio State Student Health Insurance.  Can I still be treated at the Wilce Student Health Center?

Yes, all enrolled students are eligible to use the Wilce Student Health Center.  

Will my insurance pay for my visit at the Student Health Center?

At this time, Student Health Services does not participate as a network provider with most commercial insurances so you should verify your insurance plan’s out-of-network coverage before seeking care at our facility.  When speaking with your insurance company, it is helpful to give them our tax ID number – 31-1657245 – so that they know you’re talking about the Student Health Center.  Even though we’re all “Ohio State,” in the eyes of insurance companies our practice is separate and distinct from other physician groups and medical facilities associated with the university. 

Can I use my Prescription Drug Card at the Wilce Student Health Center pharmacy?

The Wilce Student Health Center Pharmacy does participate with most prescription drug card programs. You can call our pharmacy at 614-292-0125 to verify that we participate with your prescription card program.

I gave you my health insurance information when I waived the Student Health Insurance Plan. Why do I need to give it to you again?

The health insurance information you provided the university when completing your insurance waiver is currently used for registration and enrollment purposes only. In order for Student Health Services to bill your medical insurance company directly, you will need to register your medical insurance with our office.

Kristen Kelly
Student Health Services
The Ohio State University

One thought on “Questions About Insurance and the Wilce Student Health Center

1. in the eyes of insurance companies our practice is separate and distinct from other physician groups and medical facilities associated with the university.