About Me

Hi. My name is Nicole Brocious. I am a psychology major with minors in neuroscience and communications. I am passionate about learning about the brain and mental illness, with a focus on how to create and consume research and better understand the etiology of mental health disorders to create effective treatments. One large goal of mine is to pursue experiences that broaden my horizons and deepen my understanding of other points of view and other cultures. I want to use the information that I learn in my studies to help improve the lives of others in measurable, long-term ways. My biggest goal is to gain my Ph.D. and become a researcher, practitioner, and professor throughout the course of my life. I am hoping to use my degree and knowledge to work to remove mental health stigma and improve access to mental health resources. I also want to use my degree to create research that furthers the field of psychology in new, unique ways. Another important goal of mine is the continuation of my studies of the Spanish language, and to gain fluency in Mandarin, which are additional ways I will better my understanding of the world and other cultures. I am a first-generation college student, and this identity is very important for me to express, as it has affected every aspect of my college career. It has given me a strong drive for success and achievement, as I will be the first in my family to reach these milestones. Additionally, I am an avid reader, especially for works of fiction, fantasy, and poetry, and I also enjoy writing.

One thought on “About Me

1. If you are the nicole with felicia as bioligic mom, please affirm such to shellan stewart (helped you out a bit when we were in TN) at seeshellan at gmail.com. you need reveal nothing and surely would i do nothing EVEN REMOTELY to tie you back to.. to.. ypur understandably estranged family here in idaho. Thank you.