Due to the overwhelming number of applications for the Buckeye Generation Learning Community, the application is now closed. All spots within the program have been filled. Students who have already applied and did not get into the program have been communicated with and added to the waitlist.
We look forward to working with and supporting our new 2018-2019 Buckeye Generation Learning Community cohort!
Just a reminder –
The April 1st deadline to submit your application for the Buckeye Generation Learning Community is quickly approaching. Please submit your application by then to receive first consideration for our program.
If you are interested in living in on-campus housing, please submit your housing application and pay the housing deposit by Friday, April 13th. This date is earlier than the deadline marketed by the Housing Office so learning community students can receive priority consideration to get into housing.
Submit your Buckeye Generation Learning Community application by April 1st to be considered for a spot in the program and to receive priority consideration for housing!
While students are not obligated to accept the offer of admission from Ohio State Newark or to pay the enrollment deposit prior to May 1st, the opportunity to be included in our learning community does fill up quickly. We encourage you to pay your enrollment deposit as soon as you know you want to join the Buckeye Nation at Ohio State Newark.
You’ve been accepted to The Ohio State University at Newark…now what?
If you are lucky enough to be a first-time first-generation student we encourage you to apply to the Buckeye Generation Learning Community that was created just for you!
This web blog has some tabs at the top that will give you more information about the Buckeye Generation Learning Community.
Some basic facts about BGLC before you start browsing:
What is The Buckeye Generation Learning Community?
- 120 first generation college students.
- Take some classes in common each semester.
- Attend weekly labs (study skills, team-building, personal growth & development).
- Attend campus social and cultural events.
- Support from Academic Coaches – peer tutoring, mentoring
- Book money to help pay for books!
- Receive priority consideration for Newark Campus Residence Hall housing for those who apply to the learning community by April 1st.
Who is in it?
- A diverse population of students make up our Learning Community!
To be a part of the Buckeye Generation Learning Community you must be a first generation first time college student.
- First Generation means that neither of your parents have received a bachelor’s degree.
- First time college student means that you have never been enrolled in college before—college classes while you were in high school are fine.