Office: Room 246, Baker Systems Eng.
Phone: +1 614 292 1695
Email: bayraksan.1 at osu dot edu
Welcome! Hello, I am an associate professor in the Integrated Systems Engineering at the Ohio State University. Prior to joining to OSU, I was a faculty member at Systems & Industrial Engineering Department and a member of the Interdisciplinary Program in Applied Mathematics at the University of Arizona.
- Jangho Park obtained his Ph.D. and started a postdoctoral researcher position at Berkeley Lab. Congratulations and best of luck, Jangho! (May 2019)
- Gave a seminar in the Systems, Information, Learning, and Optimization (SILO) seminar series at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. (May 2019)
- Our workshop on Mathematical Optimization of Systems Impacted by Rare, High-Impact Random Events will be held Jun 24 – 28, 2019. We are accepting applications! To apply, please see here.
- Invited speaker at the inaugural East Cost Optimization Meeting (ECOM) 2019. The focus of the first meeting was stochastic optimization. (April 2019)
- Hamed Rahimian obtained his Ph.D. and started a postdoctoral position with Prof. Sanjay Mehrotra at Northwestern University. Congratulations Hamed! (Aug 2018)
- Visited Prof. Francesca Maggioni at the University of Bergamo, Italy as part of STaRs — Supporting Talented Researchers: Visiting Professor– program. (Aug 2018)
- Grateful to be part of MACSER: Multifaceted Mathematics for Rare, High-Impact Events in Complex Energy and Environment Systems (Jan 2018)
- Hamed Rahimian’s work was selected Runner-Up for the INFORMS Computing Society Student Paper Award. Congratulations Hamed! (Oct 2017)
- Grateful for the INFORMS Volunteer Service Award at the Distinguished Level (Oct 2017)
- Received INFORMS ENRE Best Publication Award in Environment and Sustainability (Nov 2016)
- Grateful for the award on a collaborative SRE seed grant (Oct 2016)
- Grateful for the support of new NSF award on Data-Driven Distributionally Robust Stochastic Programming (Aug 2016)
- Semi-Plenary Speaker and Organized a Minisymposium on Data-Driven Methods for Stochastic Programming (June 2016)
- Hamed Rahimian was awarded a Presidential Fellowship. Congratulations Hamed! (May 2016)
- Received Lumley Research Award (May 2016)