Fourteenth Week: Last Week in England

Hi Everyone!

I had returned safely from England and now back in Ohio safe and sound. After my last day of my internship, I decided to take the time to relax and travel around England before my 13 hour journey from Heathrow Airport to Columbus, Ohio.

image
In the White Room at the Beatles Museum

The first place that I visited was Liverpool. Beside being home to the Beatles, it is also a known town that is known for the shipping and trade at their harbors for many years. I visited the Beatles Museum and the Liverpool Museum to find out more of this historical city. The weather was a little gray during my time there, but it was interesting of  what Liverpool had to offer.

After visiting Liverpool, I board on the train once again heading to Holyhead Wales. The city is the home port to the ferries that makes daily commutes on the Irish Sea to take visitors from Holyhead to Dublin Ireland.

A view of Holyhead from Holy Island
A view of Holyhead from Holy Island

I just stayed in Holyhead and glad that I did. I never been to many small towns in England or Wales, but I found out a lot about this little town. It was cool to hike around the Holy Island, which is near Holyhead and see the different sailboats and ferries past this tiny ocean on the Irish Sea. The visit to Holyhead was good for me to be somewhere that was not as busy and was calm & quiet.

The final destination that I went to was back to London. I have visited many of the different attractions already in London, but not all of them. Beside staying in London for a few days, I visited many places such as the British Museum and the different shopping centers in the Picadilly Street.

Inside the British Museum
Inside the British Museum

It is nice to be back home in Columbus after the long trip home. After being home for about a few days now, it has been hard for me to adjust to the time change of being back five hours. But I am fortunate to experience the opportunity at Arsenal during my three months and then some for exploring more of the United Kingdom. This is my last entry for this blog. Hope you all have enjoyed reading my experiences that I had during my internship. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @amanda_folck!