Twelfth Week: Harry Potter to Arsenal Ladies

Hi Everyone!

image
I’m priming one of the pitches

Everything has been busy similar to the last entry at the training center. As the first team was away for the exhibition games, there was still mowing to do from tripling to priming on the majority of the pitches. It was also an exciting week for me to do many different activities. On Saturday, I went out at Watford to see Harry Potter. After seeing the movie “Finding Dory” and playing a game of bowling, we went to the Harry Potter tour at the actual studio where the film was set in. It was cool and interesting to see the many different props to designs that all come together to make the things that were seen in all seven Harry Potter films.

image
Life size replica of Hogwarts
image
Tried out the Butterbeer!
image
Onboard the Hogwarts Express
image
Before the Arsenal Ladies game

Another thing that I did during the weekend was going to the Arsenal Ladies soccer (or football) game at Borehamwood. Even though the Ladies lost against Liverpool, it was enjoyable to see an actual game in England. The atmosphere was very different to seeing the game in America with the different chants and eating fries (or chips) over popcorn. Overall, I had a great time and brought my roommate Rebecca with me to see the game.

Hard to believe that I only have one week until my internship is done. I have learned so many things during my internship both professionally and personally. It will be hard for me to leave the training center, but it reminds me that I am that much closer to see my family again soon back in Ohio. Hope the weather will stay sunny and cool in my last week at Arsenal before I depart for more traveling. Thanks again for reading my entry for this week.

Until next time, Cheers!