Have 2+ Ways to Stay Informed of Weather Conditions:
- Local radio and TV stations
- Cable television channels (i.e.The Weather Channel) can provide up-to-date radar forecasts
- Internet – many options. i.e. -The National Weather Service Web site provides local weather forecasts, current warnings and radar images.
- Subscribe to notification services that deliver e-mail and text messages for local warnings & watches
- Purchase NOAA Weather Radio, with Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) that can be programmed to deliver warnings for only your area
- Consider taking NWS Storm Spotter classes