Coppler awarded American FFA Degree

Carley Coppler
agricultural communication
junior

Receiving my American Degree seemed like a distant goal when I began my journey as a Greenhand in FFA. At the beginning of my seven-year journey, I didn’t really know what exactly I had signed up for. To be totally honest, I still didn’t completely understand what I had signed up for by the end of my senior year.There was something about wearing my blue corduroy jacket for the last time at the 92nd National FFA Convention and Expo that was a little different. This time there were no more “unknowns” to look forward to tackling in my FFA Jacket. But, receiving my American Degree was exactly how I had hoped to end my FFA career.

The years between my Greenhand Degree ceremony in my high school’s cafeteria and the American Degree ceremony in Lucas Oil Stadium contained some of the most exciting, transformative, and challenging moments of my life. I’m grateful for all of the lessons learned in the classroom, cattle barn, and CDE venues across the state of Ohio that helped me find my niche and voice in the agriculture industry.

Without my parents, siblings, and FFA Advisor, receiving my American Degree wouldn’t have meant nearly as much. Endings can be bitter-sweet and this one was no exception. However, getting to wear my FFA jacket one last time next to my two siblings was the coolest ending to my career. Receiving my American Degree, in a nutshell, is the culmination of all of the learning and growth I experienced as an FFA member in the last seven years.

As this chapter ends, I’m looking forward to being involved with National FFA in different capacities moving forward.