Three Weeks Left to Apply to Ohio State (for Autumn 2018!)

Dear future college student –

Deciding which college to go to is one of the more difficult decisions you will make during your young adult years. Many people look at college in different ways, but I am certainly glad I chose The Ohio State University as the college I would attend.

Melanie (right) and a friend cheer on the Buckeyes at a football game this past season.

My name is Melanie Fuhrmann. I am a current student at Ohio State majoring in community leadership. As a triplet, my decision of colleges was slightly more difficult than others; I had to decide if I wanted to leave my brothers or go where I knew I should go.

Ohio State isn’t just another college, it is a family. You will come to know that there are Buckeyes all over the world and they will support you in everything you do. I went on a service trip called BUCK-I-SERV and had the opportunity to meet alumni all the way in Louisiana that wanted to hear all about my college experiences and help any way they could.

Ohio State will never disappoint you if you decide to attend. It is a huge community, comprised of people who want to help you. You will always be a Buckeye, and will always have that connection with your Buckeye community throughout your life.

The deadline to apply for admission to the Columbus campus of Ohio State is February 1, 2018 – just three weeks from today! Don’t delay in completing your application.

Go Buckeyes!
Melanie ’22
community leadership major

P.S. If you haven’t already visited campus, schedule an “Experience Ohio State for a Day” visit to learn more about the majors of agricultural communication, agriscience education and community leadership. Schedule your visit at cfaes.osu.edu/visit.