How the Agricultural Communications CDE Has Impacted Me

By: Kaylee Reed
agricultural communication

For three years, I competed at the state Agricultural Communications CDE and one year, I got the opportunity to compete at the national level. Competing in this CDE made me fall in love with the agricultural communication major and Ohio State.

One year in particular stands out to me: my second year competing in the radio broadcast practicum. I was so excited to compete in that particular practicum! I ended scoring a 97 out of 100 on my practicum and from that moment on, I knew that I wanted to major in agricultural communication. This CDE opened my eyes open to the different jobs an agricultural communicator can do and how broad those jobs are. There are so many options in this major!

The many visits to Ohio State made me feel the sense of community and hear about the wonderful opportunities that CFAES could offer me in terms of studying abroad, education, advanced computer labs, a support system and caring faculty.

Kaylee Reed, left, at the Agricultural Communications Banquet for the national level.