Last Does Not mean Over

By: Frances Nicol
Agriscience Education
Sohpmore

Over 3,000 FFA members across the nation received their American Degree this year, I among them.This represents just .5% of FFA members! I cannot begin to describe the feeling of accomplishment that I felt as I walked across the stage with degree in hand. That day included hundreds of “lasts”: last time I wear the blue jacket, last time I attend convention as a member, and the final honor an FFA member can receive. However, last does not mean over. In fact, the American Degree is just the beginning. I can take a step forward to my career and the rest of my life. As a future Agriscience Educator, I will get to see many students follow the same path that I did and the best part is that I get to be a part of their success.

As I walked out of the convention hall and took off my jacket for the last time, I was overcome with memories that I will treasure and never forget. No matter where I go next, I know that FFA will always be a part of me and I am thankful for all the opportunities given to me through this fantastic organization. Even though I am no longer a member, I hope to always uphold the mission of the FFA member: “to practice brotherhood, honor agricultural opportunities and responsibilities, and develop those qualities of leadership which an FFA member should possess”.Frances Nicol, FFA Degree