August 2019 Advisor of the Month

Check out some of the wonderful things our advising colleagues have done this month! Thank you to each of you for all of your hard work and dedication to the students in your areas and OSU!

Anna Corlew Anna has been amazing and so helpful answering all of my questions about course scheduling. She is patient with me and she helps me find new ways to make scheduling courses easier.
Ericka Gunn Ericka is a great team-player, and a highly competent advisor. She is always ready and willing to help students and support us her colleagues individually and collectively as we all work hard to serve our students well.
Lima Campus Advising Staff The past few months, the team has risen to the occasion with different campus initiatives. These included utilizing the iPad during orientations for students to schedule their classes, learning new material in order to be prepared to instruct Survey on our campus, etc. to support students and their success. Thank you Lori Schleeter, Deborah Barton, Wendy Hedrick, Marissa Snyder, Karen Meyer, and Courtney Roeder for “stepping up to the plate” and knocking the tasks out of the park. I appreciate it and our campus does as well!
Karen Royce I am nominating Karen because she is willing to go the extra mile to work with students and help them out, even during the busiest of times.

Karen is a great source of knowledge, help, and patience when it comes to helping the Arts and Sciences advisors set up Carmen for the Arts and Sciences freshman survey classes. She provided a lot of help for me in regards to setting up Carmen for my survey class, and I am very grateful to Karen for the help and reassurance she provided me. She also provided extra help for the BIO SCI advisors during many of the BIO SCI Day 1 orientation sessions during the summer. It was great to have Karen there to assist with the questions after the Day 1 academic planning session. Karen is very knowledgeable about University policies, Arts and Sciences policies, and Ohio State information in general, and she is very kind, patient, and compassionate when answering questions. Her dedication to helping advisors is awesome and very much appreciated!

Hillary Stanley Always goes above and beyond for others! ALWAYS is willing to help, especially during busy times!

The winners of this month’s ACADAOS raffle are… the Lima Campus Advising Staff! Congratulations!