For those who are interested in joining the book club and participating in the first book reading, we will be holding online group discussions on the ACADAOS Goodreads account. The first book we will be reading is “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” by Greg McKeown. A new discussion question will be posted every Monday starting this week and running through to the in-person discussion on October 30th from 8:30am-10am at the Kuhn Honors & Scholars House, room 102.
Don’t worry if you haven’t started reading the book yet! You can jump in on the discussions at any point. Below are directions on how to join the ACADAOS Goodreads page and various ways to gain access to the book.
Join the ACADAOS Book Club Goodreads Page
- What is Goodreads? Goodreads is a site where you can receive recommendations based on books you have read and topics you are interested in reading about, track books you have read and want to read, and participate in online conversations regarding books.
- How do I join? If you already have a goodreads account, please join the group. You will be prompted to indicate an “@osu.edu” or “@buckeyemail.osu.edu” email address, which will then send you a confirmation email to that account. Then you can click the link, and you should have access. For those of you who do not have a goodreads account, you can go here: https://www.goodreads.com/ to create one.
Access to the Book
Participants are responsible for obtaining a copy of the book in order to participate. However, we have some suggestions for ways you can access the book:
- The Ohio State Library and OhioLINK
- The Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML)
- For those of you on the Columbus Campus, it is an option to have your CML books sent to Thompson Library to pick-up.
- CML also offers Audiobook and eBook options.
- Purchase the book: Amazon, Half Price Books, and Barnes & Nobles have affordable deals on the book if you would prefer to purchase a copy.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to some great discussions!
The ACADAOS Book Club Committee:
Hannah Bushman, Amanda Crall, Emily Guthrie, Kelsey Jarrett, Rachel Steele, Lindsay Tolchin, Rachel Tuttle